29th April, Current Affairs:
• Over 64 per cent polling recorded in 4th phase of Lok Sabha polls. Seventy-one Parliamentary constituencies, spread across nine states went to polls in this phase.
• The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2019 result.
• India’s Bajrang Punia is first Indian wrestler to be invited by American wrestling body for a special fight at iconic Madison Square Garden in New York.
27th April, Current Affairs:
• Australia’s Claire Polosak will create history as the first woman umpire ever to stand in a men’s One-Day International when she takes the field in the final of the ICC World Cricket League Division 2 today.
• Abhishek Verma secured India’s fifth Olympic quota place by winning the 10m air pistol gold medal at the ISSF World Cup at Beijing, China.
• India ends with 13 medals, including two gold, four silver and seven bronze at the Asian Boxing Championships in Bangkok.
25th April, Current Affairs:
• Russia’s Vladimir Putin and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un met face-to-face for the first time.
• Microsoft hit the trillion-dollar value mark for the first time, becoming the third technology giant to reach the symbolic milestone.
23rd April, Current Affairs:
• Voting is conducted in 116 Parliamentary constituencies in the third phase of Lok Sabha elections. The constituencies are spread over 13 States and two Union Territories.
• Shiva Thapa became the first Indian boxer to be assured of a fourth successive medal at the Asian Championships by advancing to the semi-finals in Bangkok. Thapa won a gold in 2013, a bronze in 2015 and a silver in the 2017 edition of the marquee continental event.
22nd April, Current Affairs:
• Earth Day 2019 observed today to marks the 49th annual Earth Day.
21st April, Current Affairs:
• Easter is being celebrated across the globe today.
• In Sri Lanka, at least 207 people were killed and more than 400 injured in a series of bomb blasts targeting churches and five-star hotels during Easter services today.
• The Indian Navy launched guided missile destroyer Imphal at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders in Mumbai.
• The Services lifted the Santosh Trophy after beating Punjab 1-0 in the final at Ludhiana.
18th April, Current Affairs:
• Polling in 95 Parliamentary constituencies, spread over 11 States and one Union Territory was held on Thursday under the second phase of the general election.
• World Heritage Day observed today.
16th April, Current Affairs:
• Paris’s famous Notre Dame engulfed by a massive fire and sustained significant damage, including the destruction of the spire and two-thirds of the roof.
15th April, Current Affairs:
• India announced their 15-man squad for the ICC World Cup 2019. The squad includes Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Vijay Shankar, MSD (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammed Shami.
• Rongali Bihu is celebrated in Assam.
• India successfully test-fired its first indigenously designed and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ”Nirbhay” from a test range in Odisha.
• The Election Commission barred Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and BSP chief Mayawati from election campaigning for violating Model Code of Conduct by making objectionable statements in speeches.
• UAE is set to host the world’s foremost Artificial Intelligence,AI Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society. The inaugural ‘AI Everything’, AIE will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre, between 30th of this month and 1st of next month.
• Mohammed Ishtaye was sworn in as the new Palestinian Prime Minister.
• Tiger Woods won the 83rd Masters. This is his 15th major title.
14th April, Current Affairs:
• Nation pays tributes to Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar on his 128th birth anniversary.
• The world’s largest aircraft, developed by aerospace venture Stratolaunch, completed its first flight test.
• Meena Kumari Maisnam from India clinches gold in Boxing World Cup which concluded at Cologne, Germany.
13th April, Current Affairs:
• The nation is paying homage to the martyrs of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre on the centenary of the incident.
• Baisakhi is being celebrated in the northern part of the country today. The festival of harvest is celebrated with much fanfare in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh. Ram Navami is also being celebrated in different parts of the country.
12th April, Current Affairs:
• Russia announced its decision to confer the Order of St Andrew the Apostle – the highest state decoration of the country on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for promoting a special and privileged strategic partnership between Russian and India.
11th April, Current Affairs:
• Polling held today for the first phase of the general election to 91 Parliamentary constituencies, spread over 18 states and two Union Territories. Simultaneously the people also voted to 175-member Andhra Pradesh Assembly, 32-seat Sikkim Assembly, 60-member Arunachal Pradesh Assembly and for 28 of 147 Assembly seats in Odisha.
• Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Assange took refuge in the embassy seven years ago to avoid extradition to Sweden.
• The UK and the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31. The decision was taken at an emergency meeting in Brussels.
• Sudan’s armed forces have overthrown and arrested President Omar al-Bashir after months of protests against his nearly 30-year rule.
• Hong Kong’s equity market surpasses Japan as world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China.
10th April, Current Affairs:
• Astronomers unveiled the first photo of a black hole.
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu secured a fifth term in office after win in the general election.
9th April, Current Affairs:
• BJP MLA Bhima Mandavi and four security personnel were killed in a massive Maoist attack in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
• President Ram Nath Kovind today paid homage to the martyrs at National Police Memorial in New Delhi on the occasion of 54th Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force, CRPF.
• The first vote for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections was cast in Arunachal Pradesh by service voters from a remote Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) unit located in the eastern tip of the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
8th April, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Institute of Technology Madras tops the list of higher education institutes released today by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, is at the second spot; while IIT Delhi is at the third spot.
• Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih’s Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) wins the parliamentary election in Maldives.
• China shuttler and two-time Olympic winner Lin Dan wins the men’s singles final in Malaysian Open by defeating Chen Long 9-21, 21-17, 21-11.
7th April, Current Affairs:
• World Health Day observed today with the theme “Universal health coverage”.
• Senior US Treasury official David Malpass has been selected as President of the World Bank. The World Bank’s executive board unanimously selected 63-year-old Malpass as the bank’s 13th President for a five-year term.
6th April, Current Affairs:
• Kanishak Kataria, a B. Tech graduate from IIT Bombay has topped the UPSC civil services final exam. 759 candidates, comprising 577 men and 182 women, have been recommended for appointment to Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’.
• All India Football Federation President Praful Patel has become the first Indian to be elected as a member of the FIFA Executive Council. He got 38 out of 46 votes.
5th April, Current Affairs:
• Vikram Kirloskar took charge as the new President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
4th April, Current Affairs:
• The United Arab Emirates has conferred the prestigious Zayed Medal on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the highest decoration awarded to kings, presidents and heads of states.
3rd April, Current Affairs:
• South Korea launched the world’s first nationwide 5G mobile networks in the World.
2nd April, Current Affairs:
• Today is the World Autism Awareness Day. This year the theme of the Day is Assistive Technologies, Active Participation.
1st April, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO, launched India’s latest satellite EMISAT and 28 other smaller satellites of international customers. The national space agency’s workhorse launch vehiclePSLV-C45, carrying the payloads on board, lifted off from its spaceport, SatishDhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta.
• Bank of Baroda (BoB) became the second largest state-owned lender after merging Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank into it as part of the first three-way amalgamation.
• India has won the ICC Test championship mace for the third successive year.