4st December, Current Affairs:
- Navy Day is being celebrated in India on 4th December.
- Pawan Singh has become the first Indian to be elected one of seven member’s of the Judges Committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) announced the appointment of Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO following approval by the IAAF Council on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco.
- Qatar has announced its decision to leave the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from January 2019 and focus more on the production of natural gas.
- “PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access”, a centralized electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) was launched by Sh. Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) announced that its board has approved the merger with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India) through an-all equity deal, valuing the total business of the latter at Rs31,700 crore.
3st December, Current Affairs:
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won a president election of Mexico which was conducted on July 2018.
- The elections were held during the General Assembly meeting of ISSF in Munich in which Raninder secured 161 votes to make it to the coveted position. The 51-year-old Raninder is currently the president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
- Bank of Maharashtra appoints A.S. Rajeev as MD and CEO.
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will be the Chief Guest at the 2019 Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi.
- Atlawim Debebe of Ethiopia won the Full Marathon with the timing of 2 hours 17 minutes 17 seconds of Pune International Marathon 2018.
2st December, Current Affairs:
- The Indian Railways launched a software named- ‘eDrishti’, that will enable the Union Railway Minister Shri. Piyush Goyalto keep track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings from anywhere in the country. The software has been developed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS).
- The Border Security Force, BSF along with Pakistan and Bangladesh celebrated its 54th Raising Day. The main ceremony was celebrated at Chhawla Camp in New Delhi. BSF has been India’s first wall of defence since 1965. The motto of BSF is: Duty Unto Death.
- World number one Norwegian Magnus Carlsen has retained his World Chess Championship title, beating US opponent Fabiano Caruana in a tie-breaker event.
1st December, Current Affairs:
- India’s Olympic gold medal-winning shooter Abhinav Bindra became the first Indian to be honoured with the Blue Cross by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) for his contribution to the sport of shooting. Read more
- Renowned flautist Pandit Keshav Ginde has been selected as the recipient of 2018 Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Lifetime Achievement Award for Classical Music. Read more
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated 19th Hornbill Festival in Nagaland on 55th Nagaland Statehood Day. Read more
- Supported by ICAO, IATA, ACI and CANSO, the 1st Global Aviation Summit will be held on January 15 and 16, 2019 at The Grand Hyatt in Mumbai. Read more
- Delhi University has been ranked A+ in the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) review held in the last week of October. Read more
You May Also Like