30th November, Current Affairs:
- Asia Pacific Screen Award (APSA) 2018 for Best Performance by an Actor (Male) went to Nawazuddin Siddiqui for Manto. Read more »
- Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman launched Mission Raksha. The main aim is to provide a boost to the Intellectual Property Right (IPR) culture in indigenous defence industry Read More
- Slovenia became the first North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Country with the female Army Chief after appointment of Major General Alenka Ermenc to the post of Head of its Army. Read more
- Graduates of Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IIT-B) who are Co-founders of a start-up called Emotix have launched India’s first advanced personal robot Miko 2 for Kids. Read more
- The 2018 G20 Summit began on November 28, 2018 in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Read more
29th November, Current Affairs:
- 2018 bollywood actress and fitness enthusiast Shilpa Shetty Kundra led India to achieve a new title on the Guinness World Records as 2,353 people held the abdominal plank position for 60 seconds simultaneously at the Armed Forces Medical College ground in Pune. Read more »
- Naval exercise between India and the United Kingdom, KONKAN held in Goa this year. Both Navies have, over the years, undertaken bilateral activities such as training exchanges and technical cooperation. Read more »
- A 3 day ‘South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference’ is being held from 28 November to 30 November 2018 in New Delhi. Read more »
- The Netherlands took a decisive seventh title at the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy event with a 5-1 victory over Australia in Changzhou Wujin, China. Raed more »
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 14th Formation day of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). This Year’s theme was “Early Warning for Disasters”. Read more »
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the new Chairman of Union Public Service Commission.
28th November, Current Affairs:
- ‘9th Indian Organ Donation Day’ was organized by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) in Delhi. Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare stated that People’s participation and people’s awareness is the key to encouraging organ donation. Read more »
- Tamil Nadu bagged the Best State Award in cadaveric organ donation from the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO), Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The State has been awarded for the fourth consecutive year. Read More »
- Harmanpreet Kaur has been named captain of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI, which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav. Read More »
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) is observed every year on 25th of November to raise public awareness on issues of violence against women and girls, including how men and boys can play a more active role in eliminating this violence. The day also marks the start of the “16 Days of Activism”. The 2018 UN theme for 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence under the UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign is “Orange the World: #HearMeToo”. The aim of #HearMeToo is to bring to the forefront the voices of women and girls who have survived violence, who are defending women’s rights every day and taking action, many of them very far away from the limelight or media headlines. Read more »
- The Uttarakhand government chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, approved a total of 27 proposals including renaming the Dehradun airport after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. As per the approved proposal, the Jolly Grant airport in Uttarakhand will be renamed after Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Read More »
27th November, Current Affairs:
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called ‘Paisa’. This web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank. Read more…
- Tech magnate and philanthropist Azim Premji CEO of Wipro will receive the Knight of the Legion of Honour or Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur from Ambassador of France to India, Alexandre Ziegler. The renowned entrepreneur will be bestowed with this distinction for his contribution to developing the IT industry in India and his economic outreach in France. Indian recipients who have received this prestigious award include Shah Rukh Khan as well as Bengali actor Soumitra Charrerjee. Read More…
- ISRO is all set to launch its workhorse rocket PSLV-C43 carrying India’s earth observation satellite Hyper Spectral Imaging Satellite (HysIS) and 30 co-passenger satellites, including 23 from the US, from Sriharikota on November 29. Read more…
- The Odisha government has come out with lexicons of 21 rare tribal languages to preserve vanishing native languages in State with largest tribal diversity. Read more…
- The first-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held at St. Petersburg in Russia on November 25,2018. The Indian side is being led by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, with the Russian delegation headed by Economic Development Minister Maxim Oreshkin. Read more..
- Pharma company Lupin launched a chatbot named ‘ANYA’ to provide medically verified information for health-related queries,at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes, in Bengaluru. Read more…
- The Embassy of India in Nepal celebrated Indian Technical & Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Day and 130th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, dubbed as Maulana Azad Day, in Kathmandu, Nepal. Read more…
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu announced government’s intention to set up a domestic Gold Council in India for the growth in the jewellery sector. This was announced on the inauguration of the 2nd Edition of India Gold and Jewellery Summit in New Delhi, on 23rd November 2018. Read more…
- 47 years old Indian Cricketer Pravin Tambe became the first player to pick up a hat-trick in the history of cricket’s newest format T-10 League. Read more…
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that it has renamed the ICC World T20 as the ICC T20 World Cup. Read more…
- Bhavani Devi from India has won the gold in the Sabre event in the Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship 2018 held in Canberra, Australia. Read more…
- World’s first ever underground luxury hotel named- The InterContinental Shanghai Wonderland- opened in Songjiang district, southwest of Shanghai, China. It houses 18 storeys with 16 of them below the ground. Read more…
26th November, Current Affairs:
- Monaco to host 2019 Laureus Awards on February 18 2019. The ‘Oscars of sports’, the Laureus World Sports Awards 2019 will be held in Monaco on February 18 next year.
- National Milk Day is celebrated on November 26 to mark the birth anniversary of India’s most successful dairy entrepreneur Dr. Varghese Kurien, the founder of dairy firm Amul. India is the largest milk producer in the world.
- Sameer Verma has won the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships, men’s singles final against China’s Guangzu Lu, to retain the title. With this win, Verma sealed his spot in the BWF World Tour Finals.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development linked the workplace sexual harassment complaint portal, SHe-Box, to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories, for speedy disposal of cases.
- The 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health will be held in Hyderabad, a global organisation working in this field announced.
- 26 November is celebrated as Indian Constitution Day. On this day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India.
25th November, Current Affairs:
- India beat Australia by six wickets in the third and the final T20I match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) to draw series 1-1.
- Australia Women Cricket Team wins their fourth women’s World Twenty20 title after a eight-wicket victory over England in the final at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua and Barbuda.
24th November, Current Affairs:
- M C Mary Kom defeated Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota in the final of the Women’s World Boxing Championships to clinch the gold medal in the 48kg category and her sixth world title at the K.D. Jadhav Indoor Stadium.
21st November, Current Affairs:
- WhatsApp named Abhijit Bose as its India Head, the co-founder and chief executive of Indian mobile payments firm Ezetap.
20th November, Current Affairs:
- Nearly 72 per cent voting was recorded till 6 pm as polling came to a close in the second and final phase of Chhattisgarh assembly elections. A total of 1,079 candidates are contesting in the 72 constituencies of 19 districts in the State with an electorate of 1,54,00,596.
18th November, Current Affairs:
- The first trial run of indigenously developed Indian’s engineless train, the “Train 18” was successfully conducted on tracks at Moradabad-Rampur section of Northern Indian Railways.
16th November, Current Affairs:
- Thirteen people were killed as cyclone Gaja made landfall in Tamil Nadu.
14th November, Current Affairs:
- Children Day is celebrated today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Singapore for a two-day visit during which he will attend the East Asia Summit.
- Asian Games gold medallist Hima Das appointed as the UNICEF Youth Ambassador.
13th November, Current Affairs:
- Marvel legend Stan Lee, who is the co-creator of iconic superheroes like Spider-Man and The Hulk died at the age of 95 years in Los Angeles.
- Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar has been given the additional charge of the ministry of parliamentary affairs and D V Sadananda Gowda that of the ministry of chemicals and fertilisers.
12th November, Current Affairs:
- In the phase one of Chhattisgarh elections, 70 per cent voter turnout for the 18 constituencies.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate two major national highways and an inland waterways project in Varanasi today.
- Union Minister and senior BJP leader Ananth Kumar died in Bengaluru at the age of was 59. Ananth Kumar was suffering from lung cancer.
11th November, Current Affairs:
- World leaders attend a ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris today as part of commemorations marking the 100th anniversary of the November 11, 1918 armistice, ending World War I.
10th November, Current Affairs:
- Harmanpreet Kaur smashed a 51-ball 103 in the opening match held in the West Indies to become the first Indian woman to score a Twenty20 International (T20I) century.
- India’s star Wrestler Bajrang Punia became the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category, with 96 points in the latest UWW list.
9th November, Current Affairs:
- China’s state news agency Xinhua introduced World’s first AI anchors who can report all day every day, from anywhere in the country. Teh agency had created a digital version of a regular Xinhua news anchor named Qiu Hao.
- The 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament started from today in West Indies.
7th November, Current Affairs:
- The festival of lights, Diwali is celebrated today in India.
6th November, Current Affairs:
- The ruling Congress-Janata Dal Secular (JDS) alliance in Karnataka has won two assembly seats and two Lok Sabha seats in bypolls. The BJP has won only one parliamentary seat, Shivamogga, vacated by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that Faizabad district will henceforth be known as Ayodhya.
- India opener Rohit Sharma has surpassed Virat Kohli to become the highest run-scorer in T20 international cricket for India.
5th November, Current Affairs:
- Third Ayurveda Day is celebrated today in India.
- INS Arihant, India’s first nuclear ballistic missile submarine, has completed its first “deterrence patrol”. With Arihant successfully completing its patrol, India now has a dependable nuclear triad. A nuclear triad means that the country now has the capability of firing nuclear weapons from land, air and sea.
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have designed and booted up India’s first microprocessor, Shakti, which could be used in mobile computing and other devices.
3rd November, Current Affairs:
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated Signature Bridge over the Yamuna River. It is the first asymmetrical cable stayed bridge in India.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
- Indian passport ranks 66th in the Global Passport Power Rank 2018.
- The Ministry of Defence has decided to induct women as sailors in the Indian Navy.
1st November, Current Affairs:
- India defeated Windies by nine wickets in the fifth and final match of the One-day international (ODI) series in Thiruvananthapuram to clinch the five-match ODI series 3-1. By virtue of this win, Kohli became the first Indian captain to win six consecutive ODI series at home.
- Former India captain Rahul Dravid becomes the fifth Indian to be inducted into ICC Hall Of Fame.
You May Also Like